Warehouse, Dispatch & Quality Operative
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 13/06/2022
Warehouse, Dispatch & Quality Operative – Gloucester
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
Overall Purpose of Role:
The aim of this role is to ensure the right parts are stored and organised effectively and that parts are then delivered on time in full (OTIF), to the right customer at the right cost and to the quality expected as this is the final stage of quality control within our business.
Key areas of responsibility
- Receive goods in from Dismantling and check operating standards, quality and appearance all match our inventory and stock control systems and databases
- Ensure all second-hand parts are visually checked to determine whether the part needs regrading or is suitable for resale, reconditioning, export, scrap or surplus to requirements in accordance with agreed standards/processes (VRA)
- Ensure all parts are cleaned, imaged, packaged & tagged as required
- Ensure all parts are physically located in the appropriate stores location and the database updated accordingly
- Guarantee the fulfilment of all customer orders within set SLAs, picking parts and moving these to the correct area for dispatch to the customer
- Ensure the stock taking process is followed and up to date, stock movements are processed, any damaged or redundant parts are removed from shelves and the database updated accordingly
- Ensure returned parts are processed to determine if the part is suitable for resale, regrading or disposed of
- Utilise integrated systems and standards to enable all orders to be fulfilled to our customers, ensuring each item to undergo stringent quality control
- Fully understand and utilise integrated systems within the business to achieve the overall processing of orders including Frontier software, TSD and BigChange
- Ensure SLA adherence for all orders, prioritising selected customers to assist in delivery of business model
- Work closely with stock controllers and planners to assist in all operational requirements
Skills & Experience required
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Safety Awareness in Manual Handling
- Ability to visually identify common faults
- Lift and handle heavy weights in a safe manner
- Work outdoors in all weather
- Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5pm