Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 08/03/2024
Engine Prepper | SYNETIQ an IAA company
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are recruiting an Engine Prepper at our Gloucester site to assist in the preparation of engines for sales and to be added to our stock.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• To prepare engines ready for sale including checking quality and testing that they are in good working order
• Wrapping the engines ready for sale
• Using our bespoke computer system to add the engines to our inventory system
• Imaging engines
Here’s what you bring:
• Have a good knowledge of vehicle engines
• Have an extensive range of tools to use to dismantle parts
• Have good computer skills, with the ability to adapt to our bespoke parts software
• Have good attention to detail
• Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner
• Work well on your own or as part of a busy team
• Strong communication skills
• You will need to be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and multi task methodically
What we offer:
• Competitive basic salary + 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
• Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
• Ongoing training and professional development
• Free onsite parking
• Uniform and PPE provided
• Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
• Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted parts and non-auction vehicles
• Employee discount on Vodaphone
• Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks.
We operate random drug and alcohol screening to ensure the safe operation of our business activities.
Who are we?
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and provide a positive experience.
SYNETIQ, an IAA company is an equal opportunity employer and ensures non-discrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by the internal Recruitment Team. No agency calls, please.