Yard Operative – Hixon
Salary: £9 -£11 per hour
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 29/02/2024
Yard Operative | SYNETIQ an IAA company
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are looking for an experienced Yard Operative to join SYNETIQ at our site in Hixon, Stafford.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Loading and unloading lorries
• Booking in Vehicles
• Completing inspection reports by recording the damage to vehicles as they arrive at the site
• Taking images
• Imaging vehicles using video cameras recording clear and concise images and sounds
• Moving vehicles between locations
• Removal of dashcams, black boxes etc
• Providing excellent customer service and support to both clients and suppliers and deal with any issues or concerns in an effective manner
• Cleaning vehicles and the site
• Adhere to Health & Safety and company guidelines, and to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Here’s what you bring:
• Suitable candidates must have a full driving license
• Experience of working outside in all weathers
• The ability to accurately record the damage of vehicles, onto our system in a clear and concise manner.
• Experience of using a forklift would be an advantage but not essential (onsite Forklift training with a reputable provider will be funded by the company)
• Able to work as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent attention to detail
• Basic IT skills.
• Previous experience working in a salvage site and knowledge and/or an interest in motor vehicles would also be desirable but not essential
What we offer:
• Competitive basic salary and paid overtime + 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
• Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
• Ongoing training and professional development.
• Free onsite parking
• Uniform and PPE provided.
• Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
• Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted parts and non-auction vehicles
• Employee discount on Vodaphone
• Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks.
We operate random drug and alcohol screening to ensure the safe operation of our business activities.
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and provide a positive experience.