Yard Operative – Canvey Island
Location: Canvey Island
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 17/08/2022
Yard Operative – Canvey Island
SYNETIQ, an IAA company are looking for full-time permanent Yard Operative to join our team at Canvey Island, Essex.
Reporting to the Site Manager, responsibilities include:-
- Loading and unloading lorries
- Moving vehicles between locations
- Completing inspection reports by recording the damage to vehicles as they arrive at the site
- Providing excellent customer service and support to both clients and suppliers and deal with any issues or concerns in an effective manner
- Cleaning vehicles and the site.
- Adhere to Health & Safety and company guidelines, and to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Imaging vehicles using video cameras recording clear and concise images and sounds.
Requirements for the role:-
- Suitable candidates must have a full driving license
- Experience of working outside in all weathers
- The ability to accurately record the damage of vehicles, onto our system in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of using a forklift would be an advantage but not essential (onsite Forklift training with a reputable provider will be funded by the company)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic IT skills.
- Previous experience working in a salvage site and knowledge and/or an interest in motor vehicles would also be desirable but not essential
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 42.5 hours a week, 8.00am – 5.30pm (with a 1-hour lunch break).
Occasional weekend work may be required this will be paid at our standard overtime rate.
IAA is a leading global marketplace connecting vehicle buyers and sellers. Leveraging leading-edge technology and focusing on innovation, IAA’s unique multichannel platform globally processes more than 2.5 million vehicles annually. Headquartered in Westchester, IL, and quoted on the NYSE, IAA has over 4,000 talented employees and over 190 facilities throughout the US, Canada and the United Kingdom.
IAA UK is a forward thinking and progressive company which has been serving the industry for over 50 years. It provides the best and most effective salvage collection and disposal service, for the UK’s top insurance, fleet and accident management companies. It has an expanding network of UK sites with over 650 employees and is renowned for processing over 120,000 vehicles every year
- Basic salary £20,995.00 – paid weekly in arrears
- Forklift License training provided and fully funded by IAA UK
- Internal Company Progression Scheme
- Company uniform and PPE
- BEN Employee Support Programme
- Workplace pension (following a 90 day postponement period)
- Employee Discount Shopping Scheme – BenefitHub
- Increasing Annual Leave – 22 days plus all statutory Bank Holidays (30 days in total), increasing by 1 day per calander year to a maximum of 25 days (33 days inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays).
- Employee Referral bonus Scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives including free access to Everymind at Work App & Webinars
- Power of Performance Awards