Vehicle Collection Driver 7.5T
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 25/02/2024
Vehicle Collection Driver 7.5 Tonne | SYNETIQ an IAA company
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are looking to recruit a driver with a minimum C 1 E license to operate a 7.5 tonne 2-car carrying truck at our Gloucester site. Reporting to the Transport Manager you will be responsible for loading and collecting accident damaged and insurance loss vehicles from recovery agents and policy holders, deliver the vehicles to site, and complete the associated paperwork via a PDA.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Liaising with customers and clients
• Recovering vehicles from various locations
• Loading and offloading to and from our SYNETIQ HGV vehicles
• Driving as per regulations and legislations regarding working and driving regulations and height restrictions.
Here’s what you bring:
• Minimum of 2 years driving experience, but this is not essential
• Previous recovery/car transporter experience would be an advantage
• You should have good communication and customer service skills
• Be self-motivated, organised, resilient
• Have good attention to detail and will be able to use their initiative.
• Category C / C+E Driving License
• Digital Tachograph Card
• Driver CPC Card
What we offer:
• Competitive basic salary and paid overtime + 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
• Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
• Ongoing training and professional development.
• Free onsite parking
• Uniform and PPE provided.
• Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
• Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted parts and non-auction vehicles
• Employee discount on Vodaphone
• Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks.
We operate random drug and alcohol screening to ensure the safe operation of our business activities.
Who are we?
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and provide a positive experience.
SYNETIQ, an IAA company is an equal opportunity employer and ensures non-discrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by the internal Recruitment Team. No agency calls, please.