Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 30/06/2022
Vehicle Buyer – Doncaster
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. We are a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Purpose of the Role
It is an exciting company to join right now with an ambitious 3-year growth plan which relies on recruiting and retaining great people that drive sales and profitability in whatever their role. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Buyer to join our Vehicle Sales & Supply Team.
Reporting to the Vehicle Sales & Supply Director, you will be responsible for buying vehicles in from external sources to either be sold via our online auction with the view of making profit or to supply our repossession sites with extra stock for re sale.
What the role will involve
- Accurately value vehicles using a variety of sources
- Sending bids to customers on their vehicles they want to sell
- Ability to negotiate with the seller to agree a profitable purchase
- Arranging collections of vehicles
- Liaising with various internal departments regarding the sale / purchase of vehicles
- Ensure all sales administrative tasks are carried out accurately and on time
Skills & Experience
- You will need to have a good knowledge of values of cars and commercial vehicles, ensuring vehicles purchased will be profitable through any of our re sale channels.
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, prioritisation/ time management, organisation & accuracy skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
- Driven to meet and exceed goals/targets
- Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm