Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 26/03/2024
Van Dismantler | SYNETIQ an IAA company
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are looking for an experienced Van Dismantler to join SYNETIQ at our site on Planet Road, Adwick le Street, Doncaster.
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the dismantling of vehicles (vans), removal of parts for sale and ensuring quality checking is carried out in line with our customer orders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Dismantling vehicles
• Placing and removing scrap vehicles on racking and moving around the yard using a forklift machine
• Removing parts for sale from vehicles to order
• Removing parts to replenish our growing parts warehouse
• Quality checking the parts that have been dismantled for sale
• Assisting with organisation of yard and sorting vehicles around site
• Housekeeping and Yard Operative duties
Here’s what you bring:
• Experience working with cars either mechanical, body panels or as a hobby fixing your own cars up in your spare time
• FLT Trained desirable
• Must have own tools
• Experience of using a range of hand tools
• Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner
• Work well on your own or as part of a busy team
• Strong communication skills
• Work in a fast paced environment and multi task methodically and safely
• Health and Safety awareness
What we offer:
• Competitive basic salary + 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
• Ongoing training and professional development.
• Uniform and PPE provided
• Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
• Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted parts and non-auction vehicles
• Employee discount on Vodaphone
• Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks.
We operate random drug and alcohol screening to ensure the safe operation of our business activities.
Who are we?
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and provide a positive experience.