Transport Planning Assistant
Location: Canvey Island
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 26/02/2024
Transport Planning Assistant – Temp 6 month Contract
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are looking for an experienced Transport Planning Assistant to join SYNETIQ at our Canvey Island site on a 6 Month Contract.
To provide maintenance of all administrative processes and systems associated with the transport department and to support the transport planning function.
Key areas of responsibility.
• Assist with telephoning customers, garages, and other external bodies to arrange collections, deliveries and returns
• Deal with incoming queries regarding deliveries and collections
• Assist with specialist recovery and urgent collections
• Assist with the management of subcontractors by obtaining collection updates, uploading images, and dealing with collection issues
• Assist in dealing with queries and issues from customers, suppliers & members of the public, maintaining department mailboxes
• Liaise with drivers and sub-contractors to pay recovery and storage charges to holding garages and police compounds using company credit cards, ensuring all charges are authorised and correct
• Log all payments made and share this information with finance, completing agreed shared spreadsheet with all information required
• Audit and report on any issues with driver invoice images
• Deal with driver queries
• General office duties such as dealing with enquiries typing, scanning, database updates, filing, etc
• Complete all tasks deemed to be a reasonable request by any Transport management in a timely, efficient and safe manner
Here’s what you bring:
• Excellent Customer Service
• Transport office experience would be advantageous but not essential
• Good communications skills
• IT Literate
• Excellent attention to details
• Able to use own initiative as well as work as part of the team
What we offer:
• Competitive basic salary
• 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
• Ongoing training and professional development
• Free onsite parking
• Uniform and PPE provided
• Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
• Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted parts and non-auction vehicles
• Employee discount on Vodaphone
• Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks
Who are we?
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and provide a positive experience.