Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 27/05/2022
Transport Manager – Gloucester
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
The role and key areas of responsibility;
We are looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join our experienced Team based at our Gloucester site on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Transport, this role is to manage, audit and review transport collection operations, maintain strict legal compliance in all areas of the operation and ensure vehicles are collected in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Assume the responsibilities associated with the Company’s Operators Licence.
- Ensure that all necessary management structures, monitoring and reporting systems are in place to comply with legislation relating to matters such as driver’s hours, roadworthiness, operator licensing and the safe loading of vehicles
- All additional vehicle consumables are monitored are utilised efficiently – Fuel, AdBlue, Tyres, spill kits, Straps and chains etc.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning and scheduling of customer logistics operations over all the Company sites
- Manage the supply of logistics-related data to support customers in the day-to-day general areas of the delivery and supply of vehicles. Investigate potential risk and other matters of significance, and provide and implement solutions for all logistics operations
- Consult with key customers to understand their requirements and determine the logistics resources required to support their needs
- Analyse and evaluate the support requirements necessary to meet workload demands and adjust solutions to ensure workload demands are satisfied. Ensure that colleagues understand and accept the requirements for all logistics operations
- Ascertain industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs/methods to differentiate the Company from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction. Develop robust processes & policies, implement new processes and procedures as required to support, and enhance the logistics operation
- Prepare and recommend operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitor spending for adherence to budget, recommend variances as necessary
- Identify and deliver operational cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives. Ensure that all management targets are met
- Work in conjunction with various parties to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships
- Negotiate the services and pricing of third-party carriers where required
- Serve as liaison with all colleagues and customers for daily operational activities, providing support to other departments as necessary
Leadership & Development of Direct Reports (Vehicle Collection Drivers)
- Recruit effectively in partnership with HR and induct/onboard accordingly
- Manage people resource levels to meet business need
- Manage team member’s T & A (Time & Attendance) on relevant software in line with payroll cut offs
- Coach, feedback & continuously develop self and team members ensuring they have the skills, knowledge & tools to perfor
Skills and Experience
- Transport/Logistics management role or equivalent
- Excellent IT skills, evidence of extracting management information from various sources
- People management skills and experience
- Tachograph law, working time directive and driver hours.
- Vehicle inspections and R&M
- LGV License, Driver CPC, Driver Card