Site Maintenance Operative – Winsford
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 30/06/2022
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
Overall purpose of Site Maintenance Operative:
To carry out pro-active and reactive maintenance and repair to the organisation’s infrastructure in line with the business needs of the organisation.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Carry out all reactive work requests relating to buildings and infrastructure.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with relevant management.
- Understand and be able to work to Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Be confident in reporting unsafe conditions.
- Be able to carry out and document a dynamic risk assessment for non-routine tasks.
- Be able to understand and adhere to a Permit to Work (PTW).
- Assist in P.A.T (portable appliance testing) of electrical equipment on site.
- Weekly energy / water meter readings where applicable.
- Re-lamping luminaires when required.
- Ensure that housekeeping best practice principles are adhered to.
- Ensure materials and tools are ordered to make swift and suitable repair.
- Emergency call out participation.
- Be aware of own limitations, in particular not undertaking high risk work (high voltage, Work at Height, pressure systems etc.)
- Always consider the safety of themselves and others.
Skills & Experience required for Site Maintenance:
- Good understanding and practical experience of the maintenance and repair of buildings and associated infrastructure
- Problem Solving skills
- Positive “can do attitude”
- Good understanding of basic plumbing systems (water)
- Good understanding of Gas and Electrical safety
- Good understanding and awareness of Asbestos