Salary: Dependent on experience
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 31/01/2022
SYNETIQ is the UK’s largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company. We have our headquarters in Doncaster with sites across the country and have a vision to lead the vehicle recycling industry.
It is an exciting company to join right now with an ambitious 3 year growth plan which relies on recruiting and retaining great people that drive sales and profitability in whatever their role. With core values like Care, Simplicity & Integrity, you can really help us to attract talented people with great values too to ensure we truly are the best in the industry.
Overall Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be providing an in house centralised Recruitment service as part of the HR Team, working closely with all Line Managers on any recruitment needs.
This role is all about finding the right people for the right role at the right cost at the right time, responsible for coordinating end to end centralised recruitment, developing effective recruitment strategies and building line manager capability in recruiting and onboarding quality people for each of our vacant roles.
Key Areas of Responsibility, Activities & Tasks Involved
Recruitment & Selection Process
- Responsible for the whole recruitment process from first contact through to appointment, making sure our offers are consistent, providing specialist support and coaching to Line Managers with interview skills, recruitment admin and recruitment best practice
- Design and develop appropriate tools and processes to support recruitment best practice
- Ensure clear job description & person spec is clearly defined before initiating recruitment process
- Advertise roles in relevant media, forums and websites along with ensuring all roles shared internally
- Ensure a strong candidate experience with clear communication and feedback throughout
- Schedule and coordinate all interview and assessment centre activity
- Build our reputation as a great place to work internally and externally ensuring great content online, in relevant publications, attendance at careers fairs, colleges etc
- Develop relationships with recruitment partners/agencies in line with PSL (preferred supplier list) for cost effective rates and term
- Monitor recruitment spend in line with budget, low cost per hire, improve speed/quality Ensure we comply with recruitment related employment law and keep ahead of change in this area of best practice and compliance
- Support campaigns for Apprenticeships, Developer Academies & attend any relevant careers events
- Capture Candidate Data and Relationship Management System to have a continual database of a growing pipeline of people we can recruit from
Skills & Experience Required:
- Volume recruitment experience, either agency or in house (both ideal as the consultative style would be a good advantage combined with the skill to hire directly as a business)
- Experience of setting up a careers portal and applicant tracker system (ATS)
- Proven knowledge of end-to-end recruitment processes including writing adverts, use of multiple channels and social media, shortlisting & selection process
- Previous experience of recruitment administration & security vetting
- Demonstrable experience of planning, developing & delivering appropriate, innovative & effective recruitment campaign strategies
- Experience of attracting candidates through direct sourcing methods
- Proven experience of working within a busy & fast-paced team environment, working under pressure including meeting unpredictable deadlines & with competing demands
- Forward thinking, innovative & creative, prepared to consider different approaches, solution focussed
- Driven, determined, tenacious & resilient
- Attention to detail, prioritisation/ time management, organisation & accuracy skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills
This is a really exciting time to join SYNETIQ having recently gone through a merger, with lots of growth on the horizon driving an amazing brand through amazing people. This is a great chance to make an immediate impact for the right person.
Great place to work, attractive package, continued professional development, flexible working culture and discounts on parts and vehicles!