Quality & Compliance Manager
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 30/06/2022
Quality & Compliance Manager – Doncaster. Competitive salary plus benefits.
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
We have an exciting opportunity within our HSEQ Team, based in our Doncaster site for a qualified, experienced Quality & Compliance Manager to lead on the management of all compliance and ISO standards relevant to the organisation to ensure we meet and exceed quality targets and expectations, whilst implementing continuous improvement plans and methods.
The role will involve maintaining all ISO certifications and accreditations and scheduling internal and external audits to ensure all processes and procedures are reviewed and updated regularly and aligned across all locations and areas of our business and within our integrated management systems.
Energy Management – ISO 50001
- Undertake Energy audits ensuring continual compliance with relevant standards
- Ensure the Energy policy is maintained and kept up to date with relevant information
- Ensure we are working towards Energy objectives and documenting progress
- Carry out Energy reviews
- Calculate ENPI’s and Energy baselines
- Plan for the collection of Energy data
- Deliver Energy awareness training and advice to managers and colleagues
- Complete management reviews for energy awareness to meet relevant standards
Environmental Management – ISO 14001
- Monitor and ensure compliance against environmental legal requirements, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensuring necessary procedures, documentation is up to date and accurate
- Ensure records of requirements and auditing are updated to fit with the standard
Quality Management – ISO 9001
- Ensuring legal register is reviewed and up to date
- Ensuring business risk register is reviewed and up to date
- Generation of the annual audit schedule
- HSEQ Auditing – on track and non-conformances are documented, actioned closed and reviewed
- Ensuring Key Supplier list is up to date with supplier questionnaires sent out for North Region suppliers
- Completing planned Management of Change forms
- Engaging with management review meetings, ensuring they are documented /completed
- Ensure objectives set for ISO’s are progressing, on target for completion (each department)
- Management review, competence & training, needs of interested parties, supplier evaluation, customer feedback, non-conformances and corrective action tracking, support the integration of ISO 27001, ensure policies are displayed on notice boards/communication
Health & Safety Management – ISO 45001
- Ensure all 45001 management systems requirements are planned, documented, communicated and embedded to be compliant in accordance with both ISO 45001 standards and legal requirements
Maintenance & Regulatory Compliance
- Work with various business stakeholders to maintain the smooth running of our compliance frameworks and keeping all compliance documentation version controlled
- Ensure all appropriate colleagues have the correct training and awareness of our policies and procedures and linkage to our quality and compliance frameworks
- All ISO Audits on a monthly basis for HSEQ and IS as per schedule
- Oversee and plan for Annual ISO audits
- Oversee and ensure compliance to all ISO standards, requirement and business needs nationally
- Support HSEQ auditing to meet audit schedules (stop audits & planned workplace inspections)
- Support Leadership Team as and when required
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of leading all ISO audits internally and externally
- Proven experience of managing compliance frameworks e.g. risk management, business continuity, document management, quality management preferably with integrated management systems
- Project Management & IT skills
- Communication & Influencing (both written and verbal)
- Awareness of ISO standards e.g. 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001
- Current HSEQ Legislation
- Knowledge of managing an IMS (integrated management system)
- WAMITAB – Desirable
- Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5pm