Plant Maintenance & Facilities Coordinator – Doncaster
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 27/06/2022
Plant Maintenance & Facilities Coordinator – Doncaster. Competitive salary plus benefits
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Overall Purpose of Role:
Working closely with the HSEQ Team, this role is key to centralising and overseeing all plant maintenance and facilities management activities, colleagues & contractors across all sites within the organisation. This role will support the development and embedding of centralised Plant & Facilities maintenance systems and procedures ensuring full compliance with relevant regulations and providing an efficient and cost-effective service to the business working in partnership with all relevant key stakeholders.
This is one of those exciting opportunities that don’t come along that often – a chance to make a real difference in a fast paced, friendly environment with a business that puts sustainability at the heart of everything we do.
Key Areas of Responsibility, Activities & Tasks Involved
- Centrally coordinate all plant maintenance and facilities management activities such as plant machinery, upkeep of buildings, landscapes, vehicles, fit out of offices/workshops, gatehouse security teams, alarm fitting etc.
- Recording all aspects of any budgeting/costs, maintenance schedules, relationship management, preferred suppliers’ lists
- Conducting regular plant and site inspections
- Support the setup, take down, communication of plans of different events/projects e.g. new racking
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues, respond accordingly to any emergency call outs
- Ensure all necessary procedures and relevant documentation is up to date and accurate
- Support key stakeholders such as internal Operations Managers, Yard Managers, providers of services such as alarms/security/fire safety etc.
- Support the compliance and achievement/retention of ISO standards e.g. ISO14001/9001/45001/50001
- Support legal compliance with regards to certification, documentation, asset maintenance and repair including but not limited to the following:
Repairs – electrical / mechanical
PUWER – Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations
Building management e.g. RRFSO requirements, Legionella, Asbestos
LOLER – Lifting Operations and Equipment Regulations
L8 Water Management Regulations
RRFSO Fire Safety – Fire Door & Fire alarm testing and Fire risk assessments
Electricity at Work/Fixed Wire Testing & PAT – Portable Appliance Testing
About You – Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience in a maintenance management and or maintenance compliance role
- Excellent communication & influencing skills (written & verbal)
- Previous experience of project management
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of operational, contractor and maintenance management
- Relevant qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH/CDM) would be advantageous but not essential