.Net Software Development Manager – Remote
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 17/08/2022
.Net Software Development Manager – Remote
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
Overall purpose of role
A Software Development Manager is responsible for ensuring the team uses appropriate engineering, invests in continual improvements to tooling or technical debt, and ensures that systems evolve to meet changing needs and environments. They will have a bias towards action and seek to improve the usability, functionality, reliability and technical state of our software estate.
Leaders within SYNETIQ are expected to act as champion and mentor for their teams, as well as upholding our company values and standards. They will help ensure that tasks are completed to the highest level, help in prioritising workload, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress and attaining KPIs. This role has a managerial element, and strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential.
Reporting to the Head of Software Development the duties and responsibilities include:
- Attending high level meetings with key members of staff
- Helping analyse and set strategic goals within the software team
- Arranging 121s with your team members
- Completing sickness / absence reports
- Managing holidays for the team
- Analysing team requirements and setting clear training plans for developers and evaluating their performance.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assisting the product owner in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
- Resolving technical disagreements
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, learning and mentoring and ensuring a friendly work environment
- Responsible for sprint delivery within the agile framework utilising estimation and burndown data
- Leading an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications.
- Promoting the designing, developing, and unit testing applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Leading your team and external resources in the migration of older applications to current technologies.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Developing Software in the required stack (MS or LAMP)
- Working across multiple feature teams to build an architecture that meets current and future business requirements.
- Setting development standards across the teams including performance and security considerations and agile practices. Making sure they are consistently met.
Other General Responsibilities
- Living and breathing our Sustainability values and working in line with “Our Road to Tomorrow”
- Respecting our workplace environment and the environment around us
- Ensuring all data is handled safely to meet GDPR and Data Protection requirements at all times
- Promoting our brands, products & services at all opportunities
- Behaving in line with our company values, behaviours, policies & procedures
- Developing relevant knowledge & skills through personal development & coaching
- Engaging in all communication & keeping up to date with business change & communication
- Supporting the company in any other reasonable capacity, willing to work flexibly if business needs
- Supporting the creation and upkeep of any processes/Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Working together with any relevant key stakeholders, liaise with relevant business areas to agree interdependencies, share knowledge and best practice
- Working with stakeholders and the product owner to set the roadmap across the teams including technical considerations and improvements.
- Working with other teams across the business to ensure end to end thinking.
- These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive. We may make changes from time to time to reflect the changing needs of our business.
- We may require you to carry out reasonable alternatives within the character of your post. We expect you to adopt a flexible approach to your role and will consult you about any significant changes.
- All employees to have up to date job description reviewed at least annually as part of performance review. Work in partnership with HR and keep HR records up to date.
Skills & Experience
- Team management
- Experience of leading technical complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to understand and explain issues
- Relevant tooling and maintaining a production environment including debugging complex issues across a system.
- High standards to get the solution right and ensure it stays right by having relevant development and QA procedures in place.
Knowledge & Personal qualities
- Thorough understanding of Agile methodologies
- Relevant IT/development qualification
- Organisational and methodical approach
- Able to effectively balance business and technical needs