Metal Recycling General Operative – Apprenticeship. Gloucester
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 29/08/2022
Metal Recycling General Operative – Apprenticeship.
Our 13-month Metal Recycling apprenticeship starts in October 2022 and offers apprentices the chance to work on over 800 cars a week whilst learning practical on and off-the-job skills in all areas of the metal recycling process.
From identifying salvageable parts, depolluting, engine prepping and safely dismantling of vehicles – this apprenticeship will rotate around the business equipping apprentices with the skills and experience needed to become a qualified dismantler.
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
What you will get:
- Metal Recycling qualification
- Comprehensive training and support
- Experience in our warehouse & dispatch area for broad career progression
- Free PPE and tools
- An understanding of electric vehicles and environmental practices
- Earn as you learn with pay and progression opportunities
- Guaranteed permanent career with us subject to performance and conduct
What we want from you:
- Drive to learn and complete the apprenticeship
- Able to carry heavy weights and work in all weathers and environments
- Positive attitude
- Passion for cars would be an advantage
- A commitment to working safely at all times
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship