Salary: £24,000 per annum
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 31/01/2022
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
This role is responsible for coordinating and developing HSE related activities and to advise, train and
develop all employees in line with current Health and Safety legislation and to promote best practice.
Key Areas of Responsibility, Activities & Tasks Involved
- Keep all HSE training and compliance records up to date
- Identify potential and actual areas of improvement and assist in setting and formulating goals and
- tools for their achievement
- To assist in and conduct investigations on HSEQ and follow up on remedial actions
- Assist in the evaluation of internal and external reports concerning safety, for emerging trends and lessons learned
- To prepare and conduct internal and external communications to promote company policies, conduct formal risk assessments and analysis
The ideal candidate will
- Have an outgoing, confident and approachable problem solver who can deliver excellent customer service
- Have an IOSH/NEBOSH qualification or be willing to work towards
- Have a genuine interest in Health & Safety and willing to do CPD
- High attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Adaptable to changing processes
- Able to multitask and juggle different priorities
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- a pro-active attitude