Health & Safety Manager
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 27/02/2024
Health & Safety Manager | SYNETIQ an IAA company
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are currently recruiting an HSEQ Manager in our fast-moving business responsible for providing on site leadership, HSEQ policies, procedures and audits of our site in Winsford.
We are recruiting a qualified, experienced Health & Safety Professional based at our site in Winsford to support our Health and Safety culture, safe systems of working, development of integrated management systems and standard HSEQ frameworks business wide.
The successful candidate will have a strong proven background in a fast-moving business like SYNETIQ with similar kinds of hazards and risks; responsible for providing on site leadership, HSEQ policies, procedures and audits of our sites in the North, so full flexibility to travel to meet business needs is required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Support the Risk Assessment and SSOW (safe systems of work) process to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and adherence to control measures
• Support the COSHH assessment process
• Support hazard and near miss reporting and supporting solutions
• Supporting managers in the completion of Accident investigations & Root cause analysis
• Plan and carry out inductions for employees and contractors
• Oversee testing of fire alarms and carrying out fire drills & support Fire Wardens in their duties
• Write toolbox talks and issue to supervisors for delivery
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement
• Assist in the updating and control of training records, measure, and report on H & S training performance
• Facilitate HSEQ Meetings and employee engagement & consultation
• Maintain internal audit schedule supporting the compliance and achievement of agreed ISO standards. E.g. ISO14001/9001/45001
• Ensuring necessary procedures, documentation is up to date and accurate
Here’s what you bring:
• Relevant NEBOSH qualification (WAMITAB or equivalent Environmental qualification would be advantageous)
• Previous experience in a Health & Safety / Environmental / Compliance role & genuine interest in HSEQ issues & legislation
• Ability to liaise with stake holders at all levels and take lead on projects
• Excellent IT skills, including ME excel, and evidence of embracing technology to improve performance & deliver growth (helping set up integrated management systems would be an advantage)
What we offer:
• Competitive basic salary and 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
• Ongoing training and professional development
• Free onsite parking
• Uniform and PPE provided.
• Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
• Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted parts and non-auction vehicles
• Employee discount on Vodaphone
• Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks.
Who are we?
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and provide a positive experience.