Depolluter – Doncaster
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 25/08/2022
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
What’s the role?
The main purpose of the role is to depollute the vehicles of all fuels, oils, anti-freeze as well as removing all tyres.
What other responsibilities will you have as a Depolluter?
- Remove service books, wheel trims, etc and arrange for these to be forwarded for appropriate storage.
- Remove batteries and wheels, checking, marking up and storing as per agreed procedures
- Using specialised equipment, check pressures and drain air conditioning units
- Use forklift to move vehicles/parts as requested
- Provide cover for any other appropriate and any other duties as may be required
- Housekeeping and Yard Operative duties
What kind of person would be suited?
- Knowledge of checking oils and other hazardous chemicals
- Experience of using a range of hand tools
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner
- Work well on your own or as part of a busy team
- Strong communication skills
- Work in a fast paced environment and multi task methodically and safely
- Health and Safety awareness
Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5pm
Pay will be dependent on your experience.