Accounts Payable Finance Assistant (Contracts)
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 18/07/2022
Accounts Payable Finance Assistant (Contracts) – Doncaster
SYNETIQ an IAA company is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
Right now SYNETIQ is an exciting, high growth, company to join, with an ambitious 3 year plan which relies on cutting edge technology that drives sales and profitability.
Overall Purpose of the AP Role:
This role is responsible for making any payments relating to client contracts, third parties and other financial transactions in accordance with agreed procedures and accounting standards. This involves preparing checks, resolving purchase orders and ensuring credit is received for outstanding bills, issuing stop payments or purchase order amends.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Process supplier invoices and raise payments
- Raise payments for key clients or third parties, dealing with queries on these purchase/sales ledger accounts, expediting payment where required
- Ensure Sage and Frontier is updated in a timely manner for any payments made Liaise with Clients if there are any queries.
- Other ad hoc finance related tasks as required
Skills & Experience Required
- Managing purchase ledger in a medium sized environment
- Sage Line 200
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting processes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5pm