2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Closing Date: 07/12/2023
SYNETIQ an IAA company
Here at SYNETIQ, we work with customers and clients to offer affordable, sustainable motoring solutions that don’t cost the Earth. Our services are for customers looking for quality used car parts and businesses who want to maximise the financial and environmental return of their vehicles.
We are looking for an experienced 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join SYNETIQ at our site at Winsford with the option of hybrid working.
A vital member of the IT Department with the drive to move and progress with the business at a fast pace, ensuring technology is used to support and empower the business. Being responsible for maintaining all cloud and on-premises systems, ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our systems and services. You will be involved with all things infrastructure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with various implementation projects as they relate to the growing Microsoft 365 suite including Azure AD, SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange, Teams and Intune
- Hands-on project work will include on-boarding new acquisition into corporate domains and cloud tenants
- Administration of O365, Intune, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Azure AD including policy and configuration changes
- Configuration of various security and compliance settings across the Microsoft stack in order to adhere to corporate information security policies
- Interface with other teams including end user computing, networking, and information security
- Provides real-time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure and applications
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Respond to enquiries from staff and provide advice on the best use of technology
- Provide information as required for inclusion within Management Reports
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues on our support desk across a wide range of technologies.
- General operational IT Support for staff, clients and customers.
- Set-up and deployment of Laptops, Workstations and Mobile Devices using Systems Deployment Tools and Mobile Device Management Platforms
- Occasional visits to other sites within the UK to troubleshoot and install hardware
- Managing and maintaining technical documentation
Here’s what you bring:
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 apps
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems, especially Windows 10
- Strong understanding of PC hardware, printers and peripherals
- Experience of working with helpdesk software and dealing with tickets
- Must be strong in all aspects of Microsoft back office platforms and have demonstrated experience configuring Office 365 applications such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, and Teams
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure best practice
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy AWS, Azure
- Exceptional communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level
What we offer:
- Competitive basic salary and paid overtime + 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Pension plan with 3.5% employer contribution
- Ongoing training and professional development.
- Free onsite parking
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Benefithub (World’s largest selection of Employee Discounts and Lifestyle Benefits)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount on Vodaphone
- Paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Day shift, Monday to Friday
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS, Finance, Right to work and reference checks.
We operate random drug and alcohol screening to ensure the safe operation of our business activities.
Who are we?
SYNETIQ Ltd., the UK-based business unit of IAA Holdings, LLC (IAA), an RB Global, Inc. company, is the leading integrated salvage, dismantling and vehicle recycling company in the UK, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. An integrated, data-driven and innovative business, SYNETIQ has led the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and a provide a positive experience.
SYNETIQ is an equal opportunity employer and ensures non-discrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by the internal Recruitment Team. No agency calls, please.